Saturday, August 2, 2014

Ya gotta look for the signs

Life is full of ups and downs.  That is what makes life beautiful.  You can learn from the highest of highs just as much as you can learn from the lowest of lows, and the regular everyday times in between.  In the lows sometimes the lessons are harder to see but, perhaps, maybe the lesson is that life is hard sometimes and that experience can then allow you to appreciate the highs with an even greater awareness of gratitude and clarity when life inevitably climbs that way once again.  No matter if my life is soaringly happy and wonderful or sad and challenging, the sun and moon will take their turns in the sky, the seasons will change, rain will fall, flowers will bloom, children will laugh, nature goes on.  And I look for the signs.  They are there and I celebrate with them.  I let them lift my spirits when I am sad and acknowledge them rejoicing with me in my happiness.  Yes, I see you sunflower, blooming on a day when I am sad in my heart, you bring a smile to my face.  Yes, I see you butterfly whimsically dancing around my son making him exclaim with delight at seeing you, I love that little boy so much as well.  It might sound childish but it feels right for me.  It is a spiritual connection to the world around me and I am open and looking for omens, signs, nature, the Universe telling me that all I have is right here and right now.  Enjoy it. Embrace it.

This solitary Sunflower started to grow in our yard; in a place where I have had zero success with other flowers.  It bloomed on a day when my heart was sad.  Sunflowers are special to me and when I saw its sunny face, I couldn't help but think that it was nature showing me my spirit flower.  Looking at its beauty and recognizing the timing of its growth and bloom, I could actually feel my heart become softer and more full of love.    







Then it kept blooming, and we joked that my spirit must be getting happier







Then it did this.  



I've never seen a sunflower with so many blooms, such an energy of positivity surrounding it.  My spirit flower was really sending me a message.  Be Happy. Be Bright.  Smile.  Love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment