Thursday, February 26, 2015

Thanksgiving

We went to see my family for Thanksgiving.  It was an emotional weekend.   We had lots of tears but also lots of laughs, hugs, love, support, and delicious food.    


 Being at my parents house is harder than at my house.  I just keep waiting for Michael to walk through the door or come out of the back bedroom.  The whole weekend I just kept feeling he was in the next room and that's why I didn't see him.  We had a house full of loving people but there was this overwhelming and deep feeling of loss weighing down on us.  Although we are each struggling in our own way with the loss of Michael, we all realize and acknowledge that we still have much to be thankful for.

Our family has always been connected to the beach.  I feel a spiritual and peaceful energy come over me when I stick my toes in the sand, close my eyes and fill my lungs with salt air and listen to the waves wash upon the shore. 
 While the turkey was in the oven, we all gathered at the beach to let the sun warm our faces and the ocean wash away some of our sadness.  



 s
Conor and the kids were the most enthusiastic sand dune jumpers



Conor said he was doing it for the kids. . . 






Although I have moments of such sadness, I am currently experiencing the most circle of life miracles fluttering in my growing belly.  The sadness in my heart is replaced by such feelings of love for our next little family member. 






The day after Thanksgiving, we got a beautiful tree and decorated it with Mariah Carey blaring through the ipod.  


Enjoying the first of many reads of
How the Grinch Stole Christmas
 

No comments:

Post a Comment