Saturday, September 12, 2015

Vida

I started posting pictures of our daily life under the same title, "Vida Simple" (translated to "Simple Life") but I am thinking of changing it.  Yes, Conor and I have made choices to help simplify our life but is anyones life really simple?  We don't have a car payment because we live on an island with no roads.  We won't have a mortgage because we are building on land we have paid for and we are using our savings to build our house.  However, our house is considerably smaller than any home we would have in the U.S.  So these choices have simplified our life in a basic sense of the word.  However, no matter if you live in a 20X20 on an island with no roads or a mansion in the United States, life can get complicated, busy, frustrating, very un-simple.   For instance, nothing in my life felt simple the day Woody ate a poisonous plant or last week when Conor was working at the house all day and I came down with the worse stomach bug of my life.  I had both kids in the house, needing me to either cook for them or nurse them cuz three year olds and babies don't care if mama feels like shit, they need to eat.  I had both kids, a jungle stomach virus from hell and. . . wait for it. . . no water! That's right no way to properly wash hands or flush a toilet.  Life did not feel simple.  So, yes, our life is different than what it use to be. The best part being all the time we get to spend together.  That it's not me texting pictures of Tohi rolling over and videos of her laughing for the first time to Conor while he's at work and later him peaking in on his sleeping babes after he gets home from a long day.  Different, happier, more full of love with Dad around, but perhaps, not that simple after all! 

So I will be posting miscellaneous pictures of our daily life under "Vida" from now on. 
 Life.  
It is so beautiful in all its trying moments
 and all the moments in between 







9:30pm in our house

Woody helping Conor get some work done














No comments:

Post a Comment