Sunday, March 19, 2017

Waiting on the baby in fabulous David, Panama

We live on a beautiful island that is a small hike to the docks, a water taxi ride to Bocas, then a water taxi ride to the mainland, then a four hour bus ride through the mountains to my doctor and a hospital.  So, a month before our newest little friend was due to arrive, we moved the family to David.  Conor described David perfectly.  "It's so windy here.  But not refreshing windy.  Like someone is blowing a hair dryer on high in your face." 
 Spot On.  
David is a hot, dusty, industrialized town that we were ready to get to, give birth, and get out.  We rented a short term apartment in this strange gated community full of crabby retired Canadians that didn't care much for children.  We didn't know that when we rented but we were informed soon enough after unpacking our bags and hitting the pool.  After we realized we needed to spend as much time away from our apartment as possible, we rented a car and saw all that 
David had to offer. . .

  
Smooth Roads!
well, just roads in general
We found a park by our rental.
A bit dusty but fun










Staying Hydrated

Smooth Road. Downhill.
Woody thought it was awesome.  I thought it was dangerous.  Conor was a mix between us.  He encouraged it but jogged next to the little skater.  Just in Case.   


Inside play area that wasn't gross.  Beer for dad and pizza for mom and the kids.
This was a David Win. 


Conor left the kids and me at a park in Boquete to run an errand.  The kids were so sweet and fun, playing with each other and other local kids.  About three minutes before Conor came to meet us, Tohi took a "bath" in the fountain, screamed like a lunatic til I helped her take her shirt off, and then threw her shoes off as well to run around.  Three minutes too late for a good exit.  



We drove to a secluded spot (except for an adorable local cow) to go for a swim in the Caldera River.  






The river was clear and cold




The kids got chilly after a short swim but Baby G and I were loving floating in the current of the cold river. 



Woody warming up Iguana Style
on the hot rocks





Flashback to 2012 when we found this spot by the river when I was pregnant with Elwood and we were renting a place in Boquete







Nice hair, Meg.





David grocery stores have
everything

Tohi loves to change her clothes.  At our house in Bastimentos, she marches herself upstairs multiple times a day to pick out something new to wear.  So in our rental, I put her clothes in the top drawer of a dresser.  "Bahahaha! I thought! I have out smarted my little clothes changer."
Nope.  It took the little fashion plate only a few days to figure out how to match her outfits with her changing moods. 


My sister sent me this picture of Maren's beautiful art and my eyes filled with tears of joy.
We feel the same way, Maresey.  

Once I hit the "safe window to deliver" we all chipped in to help get our girl moving!
Woody instructed me on some
jumping calisthenics. 


I skipped "group sit ups"

unbeknownst to me, my phone was taking photos with different filters. 













I snapped a pic of these two cuties waiting patiently but super excited for a road trip to the Pacific side of Panama to "one of the most beautiful kid friendly beaches"  We were all so excited for our adventure day. . . but I started having contractions on the way so we had to turn around.  Still an adventure day just a bit different then originally planned! 

No comments:

Post a Comment