Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The Chiclets Have Arrived


Oma proudly holding her first grandchild minutes after her plane landed
(Security it not tight at the Bocas airport, we slipped into the baggage claim area to let Oma hold Elwood while we waited for the bags)




     

        I lucked out when I married Conor. Obviously for more than a few reasons, but the one I am referencing here is not directly about him, but more the extension of him, his family.  I love Conor's family, and they love me.  In a warm, open hearted, you are our new daughter type of way. They think I am wonderful and they tell Conor he is lucky to be married to me.  And I think they are wonderful and I tell them I feel lucky that Conor wanted to marry me.  It's all very supportive and loving, very un-dramatic, un-typical in-law stuff.  So, when his mom announced she was coming to see her Elwood for a month, I was honestly mostly excited.  My excitement grew even more when she informed us that two of her three sisters wanted to make the trip to Panama as well to meet and love on the newest member.

        Donna, Kim and Ruth arrived on the first of May, full of smiles, hysterical travel day stories,and hearts full of love to welcome our new little baby.  It was wonderful to have them.  Conor and I had a full six weeks with Elwood, having it just being the three of us, adjusting to our new status as a "family."  We were ready and excited to share him with people that already loved him almost as much as we do.  The sisters could only stay a week out of the month of May but we had blast of a week.  The aunts were so easy, fun, loving, and helpful.  They all loved holding, cuddling and helping with Elwood.  It was nice for me to get the opinions, stories, experiences, and support from three different Mama's.  We went to the beach, snorkeled, checked out some local restaurants, hung around the house we rented, played rummikub, tried to finish a 1500 piece puzzle, talked, laughed, giggled, stared at Elwood, loved on Elwood, laughed at his expressions, bathed him, laughed some more and all agreed that he is one amazing little guy.  Thank you, Chiclets, for a very special week that we will always remember.
M.


Elwood sleeping peacefully with Ruth

Pippy singing Elwood to sleep

Elwood relaxing in one of the many gifts brought by Oma


More plastic from America that Elwood loves. . .gotta keep it!


So not the cutest picture of Woody but it totally showcases my Leverne-ness

This rummikub game lasted well into the night







Elwood being adorable, Meg rocking her mullet

Penny has a knack of posing in the background of pictures




This picture captures the vibe of the week





Rummikub in the A/C room

Friendly gecko finishing our drinks



   

1 comment:

  1. I love the pictures!!! You look GREAT Meg!!! Grandma will not want to leave!! Elwood is a BEAUTIFUL boy!! The three of you make a BEAUTIFUL family!!!

    ReplyDelete