Friday, August 10, 2018

Another year older and an anniversary present to each other



My birthday was mellow and lovely.  I did not cook any amazing meals.  I did not bake myself a cake.  (I bought some ice cream so the kids wouldn't be disappointed haha) We hung out and laughed and giggled and goofed around.  It was a simple and truly wonderful day. 


After three kids and 36 years of too much sun exposure, I have noticed I am looking a little bit older. At first, I did google if I should be using a special face moisturizer or something fabulous and expensive with the label "anti-aging" on it but I stopped.  I look older because I am older.  My brother will be 27 forever.  I miss him everyday but birthdays signify the most precious gift of all.  It is a day that marks another beautiful year that I was able to experience.  I honor every wrinkle, every age spot,
 every gray hair. I am grateful for it all.     

"Growing older is a privilege not gifted to all"





14th birthday with this guy.  My love.
Our love and our life together is the best gift a gal could ask for. 


Birthday Momma and her little loves



the big kids changed Frankie's diaper for me

I complimented Tohi on her cute jumpsuit and she looked at me with a confused look.  I explained to her that the outfit she was wearing is called a "jumpsuit."  She continued to look at me with a quizzical expression and then asked "Will it help me jump higher?"  Love her.
I told her we should find out.  


Yep, definitely higher.  








Beginning of June we left for a 6 week trip back to the USA.  There is quite a bit of prep work before we leave our house for that long.  We had divided up the lists and we both were feeling really good about our progress.  We were thinking maybe we could even squeeze a day at Wizard's Beach in before we leave. . . And then a tree fell down two days before we were to fly out.  Thankfully it fell on the bodega, only taking a gutter off of our house on the way down.  



Conor was able to cut up the tree and move it off the path in one day.  Which is uncharacteristically smooth for us

Meanwhile the kids helped me out cleaning and organizing for our house/pet sitter to arrive.




Ready to start our vacation! We headed to town to get a snack and some vacation drinks!


relaxing before we head to the airport




Elwood is THE BEST travel companion ever.  He happily carries his own heavy bag.  He loves airports, shuttles, hotels, waiting, taxis, airplanes, games, movies and snacks.  He is in the best mood the entire trip.  I can't say that about any other family member.     


catching up on the latest Panamanian news before we leave


This Wild One. 
Who gets to share a seat with her??  Mom is the lucky winner. 

outside the airport, catching crabs. . . waiting, waiting, waiting for our flight to arrive. 

Ready to Board!

Some easy reading in the airplane magazine about the OBGYN that delivered Woody and Frances

Hello Bastimentos!





We flew on our 11th wedding anniversary.  Our anniversary present to each other was NOT flying spirit airlines! It was as amazing as we thought it was going to be.  



seasoned travelers making their way to the gate

I think they are trying to walk in three different directions. 








No comments:

Post a Comment