Sunday, August 4, 2019

Mirror Makeover

My phone stopped working and then shortly after that my computer stopped working so blogging just stopped due to technical difficulties. haha.  But we've had an amazing trip back to the States this summer where we caught up with friends and family. . . and bought some new electronics so blogging is back on! This mirror I finished right before we left. It was too fun of a project not to share! 


This was the mirror in our bathroom, toothpaste stains and all.  Over a year ago, I cracked the mirror.  It was one long crack in the bottom right corner.  It had been there so long, I no longer noticed it.  As we were getting the house ready for our house sitters Conor started shopping for a mirror to replace the forgotten broken one.  He couldn't find that size so instead of building a new frame and new shelves (shelves are hidden behind the mirror) Conor asked if I wanted to do something artsy with the old mirror.  Yes, yes I do!! Forget about the cleaning and painting I need to do for the house sitters, let's get CRAFTY!! 

mirror pieces and seaglass mosiac

I first thought to do mirror pieces for the stems and leaves but that left too much white space.  So I ended up doing seaglass for the nature design and filled in the white space with the glass pieces. 


And, of course, I wanted my two year old assisting me with pieces of broken glass.  


starting the grouting process

 






No comments:

Post a Comment