Friday, November 5, 2010

Miami Update

I'm sure everyone is going to read this post thinking "what the EFF!?....still in Miami?" and believe me, no one feels this more than us.  We are definitely itching to move on out, but have been trying to play it smart and wait till Tomas is well on its way out of the Bahamas.  With that criteria now met, we are looking for favorable winds offering us a less than 1 day crossing.  Although everyone in our group has a strong drive to not be one of those vaginas who wait for 10 knot winds on the stern before they go anywhere, 20-25 knots out of the northeast pushing 10 foot seas in our face sounds like an  unfun first crossing.  Pretty much any other wind direction would have us waving goodbye to stiltsville: southeast, south, southwest, west, or even northwest and we'd be making our way due east.  Till then we chomp at the bit. 
C
We toast the city each night and offer sacrifice to Poseiden (or pour one out for the homies)

4 comments:

  1. I am so excited to follow all you adventures! I wonder were I'll be able to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well atleast you got a good view, hope you have some warm blamkets, brr it's cold down here .. My tank looks incredible I set a lion fish that I have in the tank now as my icon, hopefully you can see it. If you get a chance on FB I took a whole bunch of tank pics. Thanks for hookin me up. Conor any luck with the cam? I'm making some stuff shells tomorrow, I'll be thinkin of yas, we had some great dinners ... Knives better be clipped, maybe power balance in rough seas lol.. Safe trip to Bahamas. Miss yas

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited to read all about yall's adventures!! Best of luck to you two! Meg, I can't wait to see you in a month!
    I love you both,
    Hunter

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww. I'm sorry. Playing it safe is important. Meanwhile we are all doing nothing but eating John's food. Your not missing anything. lol

    ReplyDelete