Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Next Family Stop



After our early Christmas celebration in Jax's with Meg's family we loaded the Gualby crew into another holiday overpriced rental car and headed south to Fort Pierce to spend some time with Conor's family.


The Fort Pierce Family
       We had a wonderfully fun visit with everyone.  The Sellers, friends that we call family, live right down the dirt road from Conor's parents property and Con's sister, Jerren and her husband, Pat, had recently moved back to Fort Pierce, so we got to spend a lot of fun time hanging out with the people we love.  Being with everyone and seeing them almost daily is wonderful and difficult at the same time.  We become a part of their daily life, same as they are incorporated into our lives.  That's the wonderful part, the difficult part is that it is temporary.  I suppose it should be easier to say good bye once I feel like I have had a nice long visit, truly caught up and had some good, hearty laughs, but I have found I feel the opposite.  Just when I am starting to feel use to being home  and comfortable, almost in a routine, that's when it is harder for me to leave.  I think it would be less emotional, (and also less wonderful) to have shorter visits.  With being back in Florida for several months, it's like I get a glimpse of what my life would be like if I lived in Jacksonville or Fort Pierce, and as it turns out,  I would be happy.  Happier than my life with Conor in Panama? I don't think so, not right now anyway, but it sure is a close call to make.
M. 


A family of sand hill cranes crossing the street

One of my most favorite people in the world, Taylor, a friend from college, drove over for a few days to see Conor and me. It was wonderful to be with her.  

A few days before Christmas we went to an acoustic show of J.J. Grey, from Mofro, at the Bambu Lounge in Fort Worth with friends of ours, Will and Keara.  The venue was small and the show was fantastic.  

The show was different from previous shows we had seen with the whole band.  J. J. told the background  of what inspired the lyrics and feel of the songs.  

Enjoying the show

In quaint downtown Fort Pierce around Christmas time, the city decorates the trees and coordinates the lights with classical Christmas music.  The result is a spectacular light show of different colored lights dancing to the beats of Christmas carols.  



Jerren and Pat try out their new game of Corn Hole.  Homemade by the Sellers and painted Gator orange and blue, it was a Christmas morning favorite.  

Joe and little June relax by the fish tank

Donna, Court, and Jer enjoying Brandy Alexander's, a Gorham Christmas tradition

We loved that the Seller's joined us for Christmas morning.  

Charlotte checking out her new book

Bubby getting an aerial view of the party

Pat and June

Carved roast beast for Christmas dinner

 Sun shining through the hammock of trees on Donna and Joe's property


A Rainbow filled the sky



No comments:

Post a Comment