Monday, November 12, 2012

Destination Wedding. . . In Maine!

So, not really a "destination" for us, as we are already here.  However, it is a destination for the bride and groom, and I think 100% of their guests.  Well, 97.5% of them anyway.  

One of my wonderful friends since middle school is marrying a ridiculously adorable and fantastic girl in Booth Bay Harbor, Maine at the Spruce Point Inn.  Yes, the same place Elwood's Grammie use to work at back in the day.  We are ecstatic to be invited to the wedding of Tim and Catherine.  



Elwood and his wedding date, Janny















These two share a birthday. . .
and possibly a love connection



The wedding was beautiful. The sun broke through the clouds and shined down on Tim and Catherine just as they were saying their vows, as if mother nature herself was blessing this union.

 The wedding was also a mini high school reunion for me.  Most of my good friends I have known since the "old days."  As in the pre-puberty, glasses as big as my face, all knees and elbows Meg.   And the older I get the more I realize that this is rare, and very special.  So, when the wedding crowd, including the bride and groom, decided to hit the town after the wedding bar closed, Conor offered to stay with Elwood so I could go out and talk about the good ole days.  We played quarters, (McManemy house rules, of course), laughed ("DA-ted CA-rrie AnderSON!") caught up, shared new life plans, showed pictures of our kids, danced, and Janny and I ended our night sitting outside our hotel room chatting while sharing some Stellas and pub cheese.  I love destination weddings.

Congratulations and much love to
Tim and Catherine.          


Yes, that is a shot.



No comments:

Post a Comment