Wednesday, November 28, 2012

He Speaks



I thought I had heard something sneaking in between the "aaaahh's," "uuuu's" and "mmmmm's" but it was so very quiet and at times when there was a lot of back ground noise.  I would get real close to him, "Was that . . . ?, no guess not."  I would tell myself that it was just me getting excited to hear some words.  But, it turns out I think I was hearing some quiet practice words because on November 16 (Yes, I would like a date here to remember the exact day when this monumental first talking of the first born child happened.  And yes, I know that was several weeks ago.  I back blog.  like all the time.) Elwood said in the sweetest, clearest little voice, "Da. Da." . . . to my boob.  He looked up at me and smiled so huge, like he JUST KNEW he had just done something very awesome.  I said, "yes, my love. You are so smart! Great Job! Yes, DaDa does like boobs. "  

And since that moment his language has exploded, like he must have been practicing in his crib at night exploded.  Two days later I can barely get a spoon full of sweet potatoes pass those flapping lips.  It is loud and proud and goes a little something like this.  "Dadadada. Da! Da! Dada! Yayayayaya! Mmmmmm! Ma! MUM-a! (Yes!!!! ) muma-muma. Yayayyyy! Dadadadad! Da!Dada! Dadeeee. Dadada! Da."  Dada is the clear favorite.  







No comments:

Post a Comment