Friday, May 17, 2013

Mother's Day

I was told an unbelievable amount of information while pregnant.  Some ridiculous, some helpful and loving, some in Spanish and I pretty much just caught that I should put a hat on him, and some only made sense after Elwood had arrived.  The two biggest are these:

"You have no idea how much you will love this little boy."
When people would tell me that I would think, Yes, I know that I haven't held him or kissed him or seen his face, but I love this little boy that is growing in my belly pretty much as big as I could love anything. Soooo, whatever.  However, now, that Woody is here and growing and learning, I know I loved him as much as I could while he grew in my belly but knowing him is just a bigger love every day.  To have him snuggle himself against my neck while his hair brushes my cheek with his little arms holding me tight in a big hug just about explodes my heart with love.

The second one is
"You will appreciate your parents more after you have a kid."
I had the absolute pleasure of my Mom all to myself on Mother's Day. She drove down to help me out with The Wood for the weekend.  I had some classes to go to and Con was out of town and Grammie is awesome like that.  I watched my Mom play and goof around with Woody and have Woody grab her by the hand to include her in everything he wanted to go explore.  I even got a look one time while on a break between class that said, "Um, Mom, Grammie and I are busy. Don't you have class to go to?"  As I loved watching the two of them play and bond, I realized that she use to be that fun with me when I was that age.  And how I feel about Woody; how my heart could just burst with pride and love every time I look at him, she use to look at me that way when I was that age.  Damn, I get it.  Thank you, Mom.  Happy Mother's Day from one proud, happy Mama to another.    


No comments:

Post a Comment