Monday, May 20, 2013

"Mum-Ma"


Woody has been saying DaDa for months.  I honestly do love it but I would be a liar if I said I don't prompt him to say Mama a few times throughout the day.  It goes like this:

For Months:
Woody: DaDa! Dadadadada! DaDa!
Me: Yes, Dada. Good job. Dada is at work.  Can you say Mama?
Woody (looking right into my eyes): Dada!


About a week ago:
Me: Woody, look at Mama.  (Woody looks--so he definitely knows who I am) Say Mmmmmmm.  Mama.
Woody: Mmmmmm Dada!


Three Short Days After Mother's Day:
Scene: We were walking the beach path back to our house. I was carrying Woody.  We were just peacefully walking as a family after a morning hang out on the beach.  Elwood gently tapped my chest, looked right at me and in the sweetest little voice said, "Mum-Ma."  I gasped, my mouth hung open and I immediately glance at Conor with my expression clearly saying, " Did you freakin hear that?!?!" One beat later I recovered from my  Mama joy/shock and said, "Hi, buddy, yes, great job. I'm your Mum-ma. (*Tear*) I'm your Mum-ma"  

And I bought this hat as a Mother's Day present to myself:






No comments:

Post a Comment