Saturday, December 22, 2018

It's Beginning to Look a Little Like Christmas!

We are staying in Panama this year for the holidays.  At first, we were a bit disappointed to not be going home to see family and friends and enjoy awesome food and drink and Christmas lights and real Christmas trees and slightly cooler weather. . . but since Decemeber has arrived, we have really embraced Christmas in the Caribbean.  The kids make all holidays just awesome, no matter where we are.  We made a cool driftwood Christmas tree and we are planning on making some more jungle/ocean decorations for the tree.  We are making adjustments to perfect homemade natural dyes for decorating Christmas cookies.  We decorated our stairs with candy cane colored lights and I am going to order some actual candy canes from Panama City.  We are watching Christmas movies, making hot chocolates, and singing Christmas carols! We are in the spirit! 


warming up our dough rolling skills with some tortillas.  No matter the season, everyone loves taco night. 



Christmas haircut and a shave

 
getting our driftwood Christmas tree organized





Conor asked me if we were gonna rearrange the lights after the kids went to bed but we decided they look fabulous as is.  

first batch of Christmas cookies


working on our homemade natural dyes for the cookies.  We need a strong red and green.  We've got an awesome purple and blue. . . not exactly Christmas colors haha





cookie decorating!
the homemade dyes need a little work.  I need to make them more concentrated.  They kids are more than willing to make another round of cookies. haha



We wrote letters to Santa.  Woody has been working on being a bit nicer to Tohi and I say things like "I keep hinting that you should use a nicer voice but you don't seem to be changing it.  The change in behavior needs to come from within" or something like "I'm noticing a change in behavior, Woody! and I like it! Thank you!"
"I have been changing" 
Too funny! I guess he has been listening! haha



Tohi, at 3 1/2 years old, is just Christmas gold right now.  She has been off the charts sweet and funny and cute and just magical.  Her letter to Santa she dictated to me and it reads:
Happy Santa,
I know you are the best toy maker.  I hope you bring presents and Christmas trees to all the families and to all the houses.  Have good days.  Make toys and have presents. 
Love, 
Tohi.  Happy Tohi. 
 I know you are the best, Santa.  
Happy Santa.  


Making Stockings!
 




No comments:

Post a Comment