Sunday, December 16, 2018

Thankful

gathering some fall leaves for a "thankful" art project 


three helpers assisting with the monkey bread.  I made "twice baked" monkey bread this year for Thanksgiving breakfast. . . those inside pieces were a bit slower to cook. haha

preparing our mini apple pies

I asked Tohi to look up and smile. 

Adorable! 





We went out to dinner for Thanksgiving this year.  We hardly ever go out.  Our kids are little and get tired and cranky and act like out of control, irrational, embarrassingly loud little humans.  (I'm mostly looking at you, Frances) so we just don't think it's worth the effort a majority of the time.  Our season is at home right now.  We love our home and our kids and everything and everyone is more relaxed and enjoyable in our home.  That being said, Thanksgiving dinner was great.  The kids were great, the food was good, and I didn't cook or clean up any dishes and for that I am very very thankful.  


My heart aches with love and gratitude for the people surrounding me in this picture.  With each passing year, the gratefulness and my awareness of the need for deep gratitude grows.  I am so thankful for my family, far and near.  I am so thankful for friends I love as if they were family.  I could not be more grateful for the health of my own body and for those that I love.  I am grateful for nature and all her beauty and life lessons.  I am grateful for my children and the unending love and affection they shower on me.  I am thankful for Conor and the beautiful, and sometimes chaotic, life we have created together.   



No comments:

Post a Comment