Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The Mustache Comeback

       Mustaches are totally making a comeback.
       My Dad has had a mustache since before I was born and lately he has been getting compliments on it from guys my age. He recently went to a wedding where he was asked for mustache advice from kids I went to high school with. My Dad, the hipster. I bring up this mustache comeback because it is the stache which led us to meet two great people, Jake and Sarah Tastycakes. Conor was near Jake in a bar and he felt the need to compliment him on his sweet stache, they got to talking, male bonded it up, we met Sarah, girl gabbing insued, basically friendships were blooming. And we have the mustache to thank for starting it all.

      After a few day of hanging out with Jake and Sarah we invited them to come stay on the boat with us for a couple of days. We already liked them but living with them on the boat reaffirmed how easy going and like minded they are to Conor and me. We did some snorkeling, Sarah speared her first lionfish like a total badass, we laughed, cooked good food, and lived life at the pace it is meant to be lived at, slow. We moved the boat to in front of Wizard's Beach, one of my favorite beaches I have ever been to. We brought the canoe, fins, surfboards, Salty Dog brought a kayak, and we played around in the sun all day. The surf was perfect for me, maybe 3 feet and the break is a beach break so falling off, which happens often, was a soft enough landing everytime. I caught some waves, which almost always ends in my whooping and hollaring at how much fun I am having. We paddled our way back to the boat, dogs in tow, and finished our day with a leisurely sail back to a safer anchorage with our new friends talking about how and when they can live this life on their own boat.  Sweet, see you guys then.
M.

These photos are all courtesy of Sarah via facebook. Thanks, sista.  



From our first night in Bocas with some new friends.  Jake (and his stache) has his hands out to the side and Sarah has one arm around him, and yes, that's Shannon doing a push up.  




The girls on the boat








Playing at Wizard's Beach




Meg feels very comfortable around her new friend

No comments:

Post a Comment