Friday, August 21, 2015

Vida Simple

Happy Bath Girl



Barely Fitting

If you ask Tohi, Woody is pretty much
  always hysterical


Tohi's face is the hugest smile and 
she's letting out squeals of joy
at the wonderfulness that is her brother



I am trying my damndest to have a better sleeper this time around and since Tohi is SUPPOSE TO BE growing out of her colic soon I have been trying to have her nap outside the swinging cocoon of her hammock

37 minutes later. . . 

The following are courtesy of
Woody Photography

we are trying to grow all our
favorite fruits from their seeds





This picture was taken about 30 minutes after Woody ate a poisonous plant

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?!?!?!

This kid has never eaten any plants before and he chooses at three and half years old to do so in the jungle of a third world country.  

Thankfully, the calcium oxalate that is released when the leaves are crunched started burning his tongue and lips so badly that he did not actually swallow the poisonous plant, saving us a trip to the Bocas ER.  

Lots of tears and lots of Mom pouring milk in his mouth to neutralize the acid eventually calmed the burning.  He was so upset and me frantically telling him not to swallow as I pour milk on his tongue and rub it on his lips did not immediately bring calmness to the situation.  Of course, I was super upset and sad for my little traumatized buddy and the "what if's" that ran through my mind made me feel sick but I was also mad.  Are you fucking kidding me??? You tried to EAT a plant??? You are way too old for this shit! 

After the burning subsided, we all sat on the couch and regrouped.  Woody sat with his mouth open, spitting into a towel as I periodically checked his tongue and mouth for extreme swelling, ready to run his ass to a boat to somehow get an epi pen.  Conor googled the exact plant Woody tried to eat and all the possible complications.  Tohi supportively sat next to her brother, providing love in her mid drift
 tie dye t-shirt. 

Swollen mouth from poisonous jungle plant and a a milk belly poking out from a too tight shirt
#adayofparentingwins

No comments:

Post a Comment